Thursday, October 13, 2005

Aaargh

I'm currently sitting here waiting for a torrent that's 99.8% finished. It says it needs 20 more minutes. I don't believe it. Seeing as it's been stuck at around 30 hours for, oh, the past two weeks.

But, 99.8%. It's *gotta* be done soon, right? Yeah, let's hope so.

So, today I finally got around to starting assignment 2 for AER 201. Fun, fun, fun... sitting in a lab for hours trying to build a circuit on a breadboard by copying someone who (poorly) copied someone else's circuit that didn't even work in the first place. Hell, I'll probably be the first one to get it running properly. But I didn't finish; I had to leave. If I heard the sound of an electric drill ONE MORE TIME, I would have lost it. Lose it. It means go crazy. Nuts. Insane. Bonzo. No longer in posession of one's faculties. Two fries short of a happy meal. WACKO.

Ah shit, now I've gotta watch Window of Opportunity again. Oh dear.

AHA! "Task Download Completed: Average Rate: 1 kb/s". Considering that it was close to a 2 gigabyte file... well, you do the math. But it's done! I'm thinking that I might now transition to using the laptop for the internet and my main computer solely for gaming... only because it would allow me to unload all those virusscanners and antispyware programs and internet-related windows services that clog up the RAM and eat processing cycles. No virii to worry about; the most secure computer in the world is one that isn't connected, after all.

Sleep time now. I've got a big day of circuitry and copying physics assignments ahead of me.

4 Comments:

Blogger Silver Fox said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I'll pay you $10 - $50 hr to work at home using your computer. All you need to do is visit my website and sign up for free.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

1:32 AM  
Blogger Stephen said...

Hey, Nice Blog!

Makes some very interesting reading.

Please be sure to check out my site here - Mininova - for some great bit torrent downloads.

Thanks

12:35 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Hey,

Very nice blog and some interesting posts. Have a look at my new bit torrent site called - Mininova -

Thanks

1:27 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

Hey,

Very nice blog and some interesting posts. Have a look at my new bit torrent site called - Mininova -

Thanks

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here