Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Defend Your Castle!

I'm sure we all remember this game; it made the internet rounds a couple of years ago. I just started it up again tonight, and I'm on level 29, with 500 archers, 300 craftsmen, 330 wizards, and 100000 wall strength.

I also have a story about this game. See, from the summer of 2002 to the summer of 2004, I worked in the local library. Pretty boring work; but how could I complain. I was making money for pretty much doing nothing. So it comes to be February of 2004. Somebody had sent me a link to this game, so I decided; what the hey, I'll play a bit of it. But it turned out to be so much more than that. It just so happens that you can save your progress in this game. So I saved it the first day, and the next time I went in I played it some more... Soon enough, it's July of 2004. I'm on level 162, with 3400 archers, 2000 craftsmen, 400 wizards (any more than this is superfluous; you can't use them fast enough to make it worthwhile), and a wall strength pushing 2000000. By this time, the levels had gotten so long that I could only finish two or so per shift. The plus side is: after about level 20, you can pretty much let the game run in the background without worrying about losing.

But then, of course, I had to quit my job and go to university. I entrusted the regular library patrons with the task of making sure the game was run every night the library was open. Predictably, they forgot rather quickly, but the last time I was in there, the savegame still existed...

1 Comments:

Blogger SweetestSiren said...

Huh. I've never heard of this game, I may have to try it some night that I'm avoiding doing my spreadsheet homework.

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here