Saturday, January 29, 2005

Random Musings

Ah, where was I, before I was so rudely interrupted by the audio from a "Megaman" flash animation that had apparently loaded in the background? (props to rtgrl for that). I was thinking about what this update was going to be about. Certainly not the elements, which I tired of before even hitting my favourite one, #5. Milla Jovovich is hot. I suppose I could talk about yesterday's calculus quiz. After getting last weel's quiz back with the lovely mark of 3/10, I figured it was time to put in some extra effort. So I grabbed my trusty bic pen (it's "trusty" due to it's being the only pen I've used for the last four weeks) and went to work adding some non-permanent tattoos to my right hand and forearm. Cleverly placed to avoid the attention of the TA, of course. It's a good thing I did so too, because in each of the quiz questions, I used at least one of the formulae I had so conveniently inked onto my skin.

After the quiz (which I'm sure was a disaster, but less so than last week), I went to sign up for a "space symposium". I only wanted to attend the talk that took place last night, but it turned out that I signed up for the whole weekend (I shot off an e-mail to see if I could sort that out). I then went to the talk, which was pretty interesting; it featured speakers on the Mars Exploration Rovers, the Cassini mission, and some other rather cool stuff. Apparently the MOST (Microvariability and Oscillations of STars) space telescope is the first telescope to be based off a cartoon character. And that character is Spongebob. Nearly everyone in the auditorium cracked up when the comparison picture was displayed.

When this "space symposion" finally finished up (an hour and a half late; but I wasn't complaining), I decided it was a good time to watch a movie. I scoured my hard drive for one that I hadn't yet seen, and hit on "Pi". It's a pretty creepy, though absolutely fascinating movie. The most disturbing part, however, was after I turned it off and looked down to see calculus all over my arm. So I didn't waste any time washing that off.

Apart from these relatively few events, my weekend has been rather boring. Today, I've already watched two movies, but I also did a shitload of work on my computer science assignment (yes, the switching of semesters did nothing to rid me of the scourge of c++). There is something notable about that, however. I actually understand what I am doing. I sat down with a pen and paper, and wrote up a bunch of code, then ran through it, and it worked. The first time. Then I typed it into the computer and it still worked. Well, it compiled, anyways. I have yet to test the program as a whole (for obvious reasons; it's not complete yet). But I have a good feeling about this one.

Anyways, that's all for now. I'll try to update more often (yah right, as if that's gonna happen), mostly because it seems to increase my stats (even though nobody seems to be clicking on the ads! come on, people!).

5 Comments:

Blogger Recusant said...

I'm not surprised Pi freaked you out. It certainly did for me. You won't look at a drill in the same manner again either, so enjoy your workshop sessions!
Definitely check out Darren Aronofsky's second film, Requiem for a Dream, it's even better. It had the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end throughout the ending.
----Recusant, a Brit-assian lurker and engineering student

10:02 AM  
Blogger blogdollar1 said...

Hi, I like your blog!. I have a blog about used slide in camper.
Stop by and check it out sometime at used slide in camper

12:30 AM  
Blogger Rich said...

Learn all about dlp projectors, plasma displays, projection televisions and more at The Projector Pros.

12:17 AM  
Blogger Tim said...

This is an interesting blog ! I'm bookmarkarkimg you and will re-visit :o)

I also have a gift spa site. It pretty much covers
gift spa related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

2:09 PM  
Blogger Rich said...

Looking for accessories for your digital projectors? Need a screen, a lamp, or ceiling mounts? Contact The Projector Pros and save.

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here