Saturday, October 16, 2004

Computer Science Assignments (and the associated problems)

Well, now that those midterms are done, I have focussed my efforts on my C programming assignment. An assignment that should be absurdly easy (the instructor gave us all the algorithms we need), but somehow isn't. The problem isn't with pointers this time, but instead it's something with memory, because I keep getting those dreaded segmentation faults. Even though it seems that every other line of code is a "malloc", it still gives me the "Segmentation Fault (Core Dumped)" error. Oh well, I'll figure it out eventually (most likely by inserting "malloc"s in random places, which is what I have been doing so far).

However, on the bright side, I have somewhat figured out the pointers. The operation
"->" comes in REALLY handy sometimes... But it's a good thing I figured them out, because this assignment is full of them. Pointers, and pointers to pointers, pointers to structures, structures of pointers that point to other structures, etc. It's crazy.

In other news, well, there really isn't much other news. The world hasn't ended yet, which is fortunate.

3 Comments:

Blogger SweetestSiren said...

Fortunate indeed. ^_^

10:59 PM  
Blogger Joe Berenguer said...

I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you, Blogger, a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.
If you have a moment, please visit my site:
notebook computer reviews
It covers notebook computer reviews related contents.
I send you warm regards and wish you continued success.

6:09 AM  
Blogger mike said...

I honestly must say this is the best blog I have ever come across. I am not just saying that to kiss your butt! I am studying for my master degrees and spent the last 12 hours (and 12 cups of java) researching this area topic. Many blogs have generic information but yours is different. I can actually apply some of this information to my studies. No worries I will give you full credit in my references section. I took it upon myself to add you to my favorites and will visit back to let you know how my grade ends up. Thanks so much from!low cost notebook computer.

12:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here