Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Attention: C Sucks Ass. In other news, the world is ending.

I must say, C is not one of the better programming languages I have worked with. The sub-standard string functions, the idiocy of pointers, and the fact that we are forced to use UNIX are all really irritating me. In the lab today (the one where the TA didn't even show up), we were expected to create a function that takes a string of characters and tells you whether it is palindromic or not. Because of my intense dislike for pointers, I decided to try and do it without. Apparently, this is impossible, because C doesn't treat string arrays the same as other arrays. Even though strings are really just arrays of a different name. I'm beginning to think I took the wrong programming class; nobody else seemed to have any problem with the assignment. Speaking of assignments, we have one due next Tuesday that is being a huge pain in the ass. Basically, all my knowledge of other programming languages is useless in C. I'm literally learning programming all over again. I wish they had programming classes where all you had to do was write things in pseudocode. Even better, someone should make a compiler for pseudocode. Now that would be a much better programming course.

As of late, it has become increasingly apparent that the world is coming to an end. First we had the hurricanes. More hurricanes in such a short period of time since sometime in the 1800's. Now, apparently Mt. St. Helens is acting up again; threatening to blow its top. And just today there was a relatively large earthquake in California, with the promise of even larger ones to come. To top it all off, a huge asteroid is passing by the Earth tomorrow. Damn, it would be a shame to be destroyed just as things were getting exciting.

Addendum: Oh, and, North Korea now has nukes. Yes, I sense that the end is near.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chuck C. said...

Haha, I know what you mean about those natural dizasters, (posting a little late, i'm just getting into this blog thing so i'm figuring out how things work here) and anyway, looking back, that was some awsome events all at same time, i'm sad there wasn't more. Its just one of "yeah, i was there, 4 hurricanes, volcano, earthquake and asteroid, good times, good times."

and C, i don't like, so i don't do, i'm trying to make a server for a game (nwn) and the nwn scripting language is in C, so i hada get an aussie to script for me, made timezones suck...

11:25 AM  
Blogger cc Infopage said...

Hello,

I am searching for fresh information
for my cc Infopage, 30,000 daily updated Information Pages about all kind of subjects.

It might interest you to know that your blog has been visited and has been read. I hope you enjoy your "Blogging".

I wish you all the luck I can, keep the good work going!

Kind regards,
Jos
Today's News About Google

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here